Monday, July 11, 2011

Ain't No Coon Hound

There’s a series of books I just love about “Ladybug Farm.” Three so far and I do hope more. The author is Donna Ball. My friend Mattie doesn’t care for them. Says they’re too predictable and happy. Everything gets tied up in the end and everyone lives happily ever after. Well that’s just how I like life. I like the happily ever after. And that’s just how the coon story ends.

Our baby raccoon (which we named Braveheart)cried all night into the next after his mama left him and took all his siblings. Imagine how awful to be left all alone in the dark. Hungry, frightened, cold, waiting for the return of your mama? We prayed she would return for him. Hoped that she only left him because she was running out of time with dawn breaking and three others babies to hide in a new nest. We both had bad dreams about the coon family. We were actually very upset about the situation.

But “Life is Good.” Mama returned sometime in the night while we were fast asleep and took her last baby home to the nest.


I learned at least one thing from the experience. Our dog is NOT part Red Bone Coon Hound as we once thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment