Thursday, August 11, 2011

Making Ends Meet

Part of my new routine is to go to the Laundromat every Saturday morning.  As kids, we’d go with mom and we HATED it.  Now here I am in the supposed 21st century (though you wouldn’t think so looking at my living conditions) and I’m going there again.

One thing I like is ALL the clothes get done at the same time and while it takes 2 hours or so, I can do errands or wash my car in the adjoining car wash as the clothes tumble and turn.

Now I’ve always admired the women (and men) who stand around so patiently and carefully fold their clothes when they come out of the dryer.  I, on the other hand, simply remove them from the dryer and stuff them in the trash bags I brought them in only to fold them and curse the wrinkles that set in when I return home.

SO…I decided to try it…folding and hanging and smoothing out wrinkles and matching corners of my blankets just like all those other people were doing.  They must find me more horrifying than watching me stuff the clothes in trash bags as I’m dropping articles on the floor and dragging blankets and sheets as I try to fold the monstrosities.  What the heck, I’ll be back again next week with everything.

But I have to admit, going to the laundry is a way of “making ends meet” in more ways than one.  And I’m starting to get good at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment