Friday, June 3, 2011

Bare Necessities

“Look for the bare necessities
The simple bare necessities
Forget about your worries and your strife
I mean the bare necessities
Old Mother Nature's recipes
With just the bare necessities of life”

Remember that song from Walt Disney's Jungle Book?  It makes me want to dance like big old Baloo.  Swing my big old butt around.

OK, what are the bare necessities?  Health, family, FRIENDS!!!!

And today I’m thanking all my wonderful friends who have in some way helped me in this life transition—from comfort to camping.

There’s Teras and Le Duc, a wonderful couple in Vermont.  Don’t you love the names? They’ve asked me to come spend the weekend with them any time and they’ll have a hot shower, clean bed, and great company for me.

How about Mattie and Esh in California?  I’ve already spent a week with them.

Maggie in Somerville who is recuperating from her own disaster, a fall that left her with a broken shoulder.  She continues to show interest in how I’m doing, remembering that everybody has a cross to bear.  I hope I’m as helpful to her during her recovery.

Jamie in Salem has listened to me cry with patience and has given me good psychological stuff to think about.  He has always calmed me.

I could go on and on, but I guess what I want to say is “THANK YOU” all for being part of my life.  Those I mentioned above and those I haven’t who I hope know are in my heart always.

Let me not end without a big hug and kiss to Richard.  He has been so kind duringall of this (so far anyway)--never getting annoyed with me for being so mopey. Always motivated, energized, and ready to tackle the project at hand.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk, tsk. Pitiful. Hey, kid. You need help, and ol' Baloo's gonna learn ya to fight like a bear."
- Baloo

No comments:

Post a Comment