Wednesday, June 8, 2011

How Dumb Can I Be

After moving in with mom I got busy cleaning windows, shopping, cooking, helping her organize cabinets.  I took her to the bank, made sure Richard and I went to the laundry mat instead of using her washer and dryer, washed dishes by hands as she didn’t like to use her dishwasher.  I thought I was being really helpful.  Apparently not.

Richard worked on our house from 7:00 am until he went to his “real work” at about 2:00 pm.  He got home to mom’s at about 11:00 pm.  Same routine every day.

 I went to work at 7:00 am and got home at 6:00 pm; “never the twain shall meet.”

Then he got switched to regular hours.  Hooray for our marriage!!!!  I don’t have to say to him on Sunday nights anymore, “See you next Saturday.”

Well something started to eat at mom.  Maybe it was the dog and 2 cats being with her all day.  Whatever it was mom had enough.  And she didn’t come out and say it.  She just made odd remarks.    Stopped eating whatever I made for dinner and opted for a sandwich instead….weird.

We took the hint and left.  I don’t think she has any idea to this day what we’re living like.  But I hope I’m a little grateful for what I have in light of all the earthly disasters lately.

It does gnaw at me that she’s sleeping comfortably in a clean house that has television and running water while I’m walking on nails in the floorboards and rummaging through boxes for the next thing I’m in need of.

 I just hope it doesn’t rain because that would REALLY depress me.

No comments:

Post a Comment